Sunday, May 11, 2014

Ireland Awaits

Hello, there!

If you're reading this, you decided to make the journey with me while I embark on a trip overseas! I hope you enjoy the pictures and stories I'll be sharing along the way. Thank you, everyone, for your support!

I haven't yet left, and am making the final preparations before I depart this week. I've found it to be an adventure just packing. Why is it this difficult to fit five pairs of shoes in a suitcase? Between my two carry ons and large checked bag, though, I'll make it work. My mom keeps telling me, "Remember: everything you pack you will have to carry." I know she's right but it's hard to cut down! Also adding to the chaos is that I'll be transitioning from a sunny mid 80s climate to a rainy mid 50s one. I hear it's beautiful and I'm definitely looking forward to a chill in the air. Not gonna lie though, the packing is throwing me for a loop. Regardless of my wardrobe, I'm ready to just get there and get acclimated with my (temporary) new home!

To bring everyone up to speed, I'm headed to Ireland for the whole summer! Monday through Thursday I will be interning for a hotel's marketing team. Then, I have the weekends to explore! Not only am I thrilled for the career experience, but also for my free time, as I plan to journey to neighboring countries. On my To-Visit List are England, France, and Italy. Hopefully I will be able to pack this much sight seeing into just nine short weeks! :)

Again, thanks for reading. The next few months are going to be a blast and I'm excited to share them with you!

Xox

Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment